Hail Damage Repair Specialists
Call Us: (855) 966-4245
Over 15 Years Experience
What to Do Once Your Car Has Suffered Hail Damage
You may be at a loss following a hailstorm. Your vehicle, something you worked hard to buy, has significant damage and there is no way to drive it without getting it repaired. Before you get upset, know that levelheadedness in matters like this helps you achieve better results.
Contact Your Insurance Company Right Away
You’re going to need to contact your insurance company so an adjuster can see the damage up close. They’ll then give you an idea of how much think it will cost to repair in your area to request an estimate for repair services. This will give you an idea as to how much out-of-pocket expense to expect.
Keep Your Cool and Follow These Important Steps
Here are the things you need to do once your car has suffered hail damage:
- Take photos of the damage. This is for your personal records. You want to be able to see precisely where the dents and dings are. If there is any dispute, you’ll have proof that hail caused the damage at the time of your claim. Having photos of the damage is a good way to start a claim. It should be done before the adjuster comes and as soon as it’s safe enough to go outside and assess the damage.
- Contact your insurance company. You’ll be asked to file a claim. An insurance adjuster will schedule a time to examine the vehicle. It’s important that you’re there with them to ask questions and take note of the things that they’ve said to you. Make sure to get everything in writing. Again, it’s important to keep all of the information about the claim in a file placed in a safe location. Scan documents and store them in the Cloud for future reference. That way, if your computer crashes, you’re completely covered. It’s yet another way to make sure that things are taken care of after the incident with hail has occurred.
- Get estimates. Shop around for estimates. Go to different auto body repair shops in the area and evaluate their services. See if they offer guarantees on the work that they do and if they offer a Deductible Forgiveness Program to help with costs. These are things that set one shop apart from another. If a shop does, think about how that will impact your finances. We offer a discount of up to $500 as part of our Deductible Forgiveness Program. It helps ease the burden of expense when it comes to repairing your dented or dinged vehicle.
- Ask questions. Make sure to ask any questions you might have about Paintless Dent Removal (PDR), how much it costs, and when you’ll get your vehicle back. You don’t want to have to make transportation arrangements while your car is in the shop. If the insurance company doesn’t take care of a rental for you, will the auto body repair shop? You’re going to need a reliable way to get around. Fortunately, the Auto Dent Specialists get the job done quickly so you’re not without a vehicle any longer than you have to be.
- Schedule repair services. Is there a shop that is open in the evening or on the weekend? If so, are they available to do PDR on your vehicle? If they are, their services will be in high demand. Make sure to schedule an appointment with them right away. The longer you drive a dented or dinged vehicle, the greater the chance it will be damaged even more in the process. You don’t want rust to ruin your car, truck, van or SUV for good. If a vehicle sits with a dent for too long, it is likely to rust out. That means costlier repairs for you. This is something completely avoidable.
- Inspect the handiwork. Take a look at the work that was done by the auto body shop. Does it meet your standards? Does it come with a guarantee? Does it restore the manufacturer’s warranty? These are things you’ll want to go over when doing a visual inspection of the auto. If the work wasn’t guaranteed, you’ll have a hard time getting a shop to fix something at their cost. That’s why you should always look for auto body repair that is guaranteed by the company doing the PDR services.
Hail causes thousands of dollars of damage to your unprotected vehicle. Whenever possible, park your car, truck, van or SUV in a garage or under a roofed carport. If your automobile remains unprotected, it could very well see its share of hail damage.
We Specialize in Paintless Dent Removal
The Auto Dent Specialists specialized in Paintless Dent Removal (PDR). It’s the service that your insurance company recommends after estimating the amount of damage on your vehicle. It’s the safest and fastest way to get your automobile looking new again.