Hail Damage Repair Specialists
Call Us: (870) 527-4224
Over 15 Years Experience
How to Prepare For Hail Storms
Hail storms happen with little notice, and unprotected vehicles suffer from damage in a number of ways. If the sound of hundreds of hail stones raining down on your automobile is the definition of a nightmare for you, there are some things you can do to prevent damage to your car, truck, van or SUV. Being prepared is the first line of defense in protecting your vehicle.
Hail damage doesn’t need to rain on your proverbial parade. It can be repaired and is covered by most insurance companies. Having a reliable auto dent specialist in mind is ideal because you can’t always park in a garage or have the protection of a carport wherever you go.
What to Do Before Storms Roll In
Storms are somewhat unpredictable, but sometimes, you’re given advanced notice days ahead that unfavorable weather will occur. With that being said, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. You can prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised if a storm is mild and doesn’t produce a lot of hail.
Here are some things you can do to prepare for hail storms before they happen:
- Know what is covered by your insurance policy. See what type of deductible you have to pay to get your vehicle repaired. If you can’t find this information easily, contact your insurance agent to discuss it in depth. If you need to change your policy, do so before storms become an imminent threat. You may need to pay a higher deductible to get the coverage that you need for your vehicle.
- If you have a garage or covered area, park your vehicle there. This is a surefire way to minimize damage. Your car won’t be exposed to the elements where it can be struck over and over again by hail stones. Instead, it will be protected by a roof which redirects the hail to other areas of your yard or parking lot. As long as the roof stays in place, your vehicle won’t be damaged badly by hail.
- Protect yourself by staying indoors. Don’t try to assess damage while a hail storm is going on. Instead, stay protected by remaining indoors until the storm has blown over. You can add an extra layer of protection by closing drapes and shades to keep debris out while the wind blows.
- Don’t try to get the dents out yourself! If you do it incorrectly, you’ll have more damage to deal with. Trust a professional to do the work for you. This prevents you from having to pay more money out of pocket than is necessary because you tried to do the repair yourself.
- Don’t ignore them either. Even a tiny dent can cause rust and corrosion to spread. If you don’t want to replace a bigger part of your vehicle, address the smaller problems right away. Sure, it’s an expense but a minimal one at that. If you don’t address the issue, the insurance company may not help with the repair. You may also wind up spending a lot more to fix your vehicle because of the greater extent of the damage.
- Keep the phone number of an auto dent specialist nearby for when you need it. You’re not always going to be home when a storm rolls in. If you have hail damage, it’s important to document it with photographs. If you’re able to add a time date stamp to your photos, do so because it helps with insurance claims. It also gives the auto dent specialist something to go off of when they look over your vehicle and provide you with an estimate of costs.
Minimize the amount of damage hail does to your automobile. Follow the advice listed above and protect your vehicle from dings and dents. The fewer you get throughout the years, the higher the resale value of your automobile.
Contact Expert Auto Dent Specialists to Repair the Dents for You
Contact the experts at Auto Dent Specialist for your auto hail damage repair needs. Our 15 years of experience repairing vehicles damaged by hailstorms speaks for itself. We’re a name that people in Thatcher and the surrounding area know and trust. Give us a call at (303) 309-9493 for more information and our hours of operation today.
The process of having your vehicle repaired after a hail storm is easy. First, you’ll need to file a claim with your insurance company. An insurance adjuster will come out and assess the damage. They’ll provide you with an estimate so you’ll know how much damage occurred during the storm.
You’ll then contact Auto Dent Specialists to schedule an appointment. If you need a rental vehicle but your insurance company hasn’t provided one, let us know and we’ll take care to make transportation arrangements for you. We’ll then repair the dents in your vehicle and offer you a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the repairs we complete for as long as you own the vehicle that was damaged.