Driving in Hail – Tips for Navigating the Road
When it comes to driving in a hailstorm, there are some things you’ll want to know. First and foremost, you want to do everything you can to protect your safety. If things get really bad, you should seek shelter wherever you can find it. Drive your vehicle under a covered bridge or carport until the hail has let up.
Put You and Your Passengers’ Safety First
The last thing you want to do is drive with limited visibility into a storm filled with golf ball or softball sized hail. You could lose your windshield or windows as a result of this. It’s just not a chance you want to take with your life or the body of your vehicle.
Here are some tips for navigating the road during a hailstorm:
- Plan you route carefully. Know which areas are going to be affected by the hailstorm. Try to find a lesser known route and drive slowly and carefully. Take into account that hailstorms happen very quickly and can be very brutal. If it looks like you’re going to have problems seeing the road in front of you, you’ll want to pull over and wait it out.
- Stay inside the vehicle. The safety of you and your passengers comes before anything else. Your vehicle can be replaced. You and the people you care about, cannot! You do not want to get struck by hail so remain in the vehicle until you no longer see it coming down.
- Pull over to a safe spot when the hail is coming down hard. A covered area is best. If you have no other option, just pull over to the side of the road and wait it out. There is no sense taking a risk driving when there’s bad weather.
- Keep your car angled so that the hail hits the front of your vehicle not the glass. Paintless Dent Removal makes it possible to remove the dents quickly and easily. If your vehicle does sustain damage, it can be repaired.
- Avoid ditches because of high-rising water. Rain can come down fast during a hailstorm. Do what you can to avoid ditches so that your vehicle doesn’t get submerged if the ditches get full and start to flood. This is not a mistake you can afford to make. Carry a tool in your vehicle that allows you to break out a windshield or window quickly and easily. The best tools have seatbelt cutters built into them.
You can drive through a hailstorm without sustaining major damage to your vehicle. The objective is to stay safe, though. If your vehicle takes a pounding, knowing that it can be repaired easily using Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) helps. Your insurance company suggests this type of repair because it’s the quickest and least expensive option available.
We’ve Got You Covered with Paintless Dent Removal Services
The experts at the Auto Dent Specialists have got you covered. We’re specially trained in PDR. We go the extra mile to make sure that your vehicle is taken care of the right way. This restores the manufacturer’s warranty which gives you access to the benefits the car dealership explained to you when you purchased the car, truck, van or SUV.
Why Paintless Dent Removal?
There are a number of reasons why people choose PDR for their hail damaged vehicles. Besides the insurance company requiring it, people like the fact that PDR restores the manufacturer’s warranty. They also like that it doesn’t cause additional damage and it’s really quick to do.
Have Access to a Rental Vehicle
The Auto Dent Specialists makes arrangements for you to have access to a rental car even if your insurance company hasn’t. We take time to get the repair done quickly so we can get you back on the road again in your own vehicle. If you have a deductible that you’re sure you can’t afford, we’ll help you with that.
Deductible Forgiveness Helps Take the Financial Burden Off of You
Our Deductible Forgiveness Program knocks up to $500 off the total cost of your repairs. That means that you don’t have to shop around for lower quotes. You can get the best service without breaking your budget. That’s one of the things that makes the Auto Dent Specialists stand out in the eye of the public.
Our Years of Experience Attest to Our High Level of Customer Satisfaction
For over 15 years, we have been going beyond our customers’ expectations to provide them with hail damage repair. If you’ve been forced to drive in hail and have no other choice than to let your vehicle take a beating, rest assured that we’ll take good care of you. We want you to be pleased with our work and tell your family and friends about what we did for you and your car, truck, van or SUV.