Hail Damage Repair Specialists
Call Us: (870) 527-4224
Over 15 Years Experience
Five Things to Do When Filing a Hail Damage Claim
A hail storm is one of an automobile owner’s greatest concerns. Even if you store your vehicle in a garage or covered carport most days, there is no telling where you’ll be when bad weather occurs. You may be at work where your automobile is left in an open parking lot. There is a good chance, you’ll be at the store or driving home when some bad weather takes place.
Cooperate with the Insurance Company’s Requests
If you can’t avoid damage caused by hail, you can certainly take action when it becomes visible on your car, truck, van or SUV. One of the most important things that you do is file an insurance claim and cooperate with the insurance company by following their instructions. This sends them the message that you are a responsible and compliant policy owner. It also expedites your claim so that you’re able to have your vehicle repaired quickly.
What You Need to Do Before and After Filing a Claim
Here are five things to do before and after filing a hail damage claim:
- Document the damage. You’ll want to have both written and photographic proof of what the hail has done to your vehicle. Keep in mind that the insurance company will want to know as many details as possible so make sure to record the time, date, and experience. Take pictures of the damage, and if you’re able to, stamp them with the date and time. This helps the insurance company put together the information necessary to approve a claim. Think of yourself as a sort of detective. Do the work for them so that they have less to deal with. This ensures that you’ll get your claim faster than you would if you didn’t do anything at all.
- Contact the insurance company. Using the information that you gathered, call the company you do business with and let them know that your vehicle has been damaged. They’ll want to know as many details about the situation as possible so be prepared. You’ll be asked a lot of questions. The more detailed your responses are, the better. It makes the claim process that much easier because there isn’t any gray area that hasn’t been addressed.
- Wait for the adjustor to look at the vehicle. Schedule a time to meet with the insurance adjustor. If possible, take time off from work so you can be there when he or she comes to assess the hail damage. Ask any questions that you have about the process and the deductible. This gives you an idea as to what the out of pocket expense will be.
- Shop around for quotes. This is an important part of the process as the insurance company will pay their part of the damages. You’ll want to hire a shop that has your best interests in mind. If the deductible is an issue, you’ll want to see which companies work with you on out of pocket expenses. The Auto Dent Specialists care about you and your vehicle. That’s why we help with up to $500 worth of costs on eligible services. We want you to feel confident in Paintless Dent Removal and the technicians trained to do the work for you. Worrying about money won’t get your vehicle fixed. That’s why we take some of the financial burden off of you.
- Get the vehicle repaired. You won’t want to wait on this. It’s something that you’ll need to do right away to prevent the damage from worsening. When a dent gets ignored, it has the likelihood of rusting. This type of damage spreads quickly and causes even more problems for your vehicle. We want to give you the peace of mind of knowing that everything will be just fine after having Paintless Dent Removal done. It’s what the insurance company recommends because it’s fast and easy.
Filing a hail damage claim is the first step in getting your auto repaired following a hail storm. Your insurance company will want to assess the damage and give you an estimate of what they feel a repair costs. You’ll then be responsible for going to area auto repair shops asking for a quote for services. Once you’re satisfied with an estimate, you’ll be responsible for paying the deductible to get your car, truck, van or SUV repaired by the company of your choice.
Trust the Professionals of Auto Dent Specialists to Do the Repair for You
If you’re worried about out of pocket costs and are considering doing the repair yourself, think twice. Is it really worth it to void out your warranty or cause even costlier repairs to your vehicle if you try to remove dents and dings unsuccessfully? Isn’t it worse to have your automobile rust out because you neglected to have a repair done quickly and professionally?