Common Questions When Your Car Has Hail Damage
They have questions about the claim process. They also don’t know what to look for in a quality auto body repair shop. They’ve never had to get an estimate of costs before and aren’t sure what’s required of them.
The Right Questions Get You the Right Answers
The right questions get you the right answers. The auto body shop that you do business with should be forthcoming about the Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) process.
Here are some common questions when your car has hail damage:
- What do I do next? If you’ve never dealt with an insurance claim before, you’ll want to contact the insurance company for advice. They’ll walk you through the claim process and schedule a time for you to meet with an insurance adjuster. You’ll then be able to start shopping around for estimates so you can have the repair done at an auto body shop. You’ll be able to come up with a plan to pay for the repair and make alternate travel arrangements at the time.
- What is Paintless Dent Removal? This type of repair is what the insurance company recommends. It’s the fastest and most inexpensive. It also restores the manufacturer’s warranty which is void when the vehicle is damaged. If you don’t want to miss out on the savings that is offered by an auto warranty, you’ll want to schedule PDR services with a trusted auto body shop right away.
- How much will it cost me out-of-pocket for PDR? If you have a deductible, you’ll want to know just how much it is so you can plan to pay it. If you don’t have the money to pay the deductible, you’ll want to see if the auto body shop offers a forgiveness program. The Auto Dent Specialists do. We offer a Deductible Forgiveness Program of up to $500 for our customers. This should be a determining factor as to whether or not an auto body shop is the business that you want to work with. If a business offers an exceptionally low estimate in an attempt to win your business, consider what they aren’t providing you with. It could be a guarantee, later hours or even a rental vehicle.
- Do you offer a guarantee on your work? If the auto body shop does, how long is it good for? Does it transfer to the next vehicle owner when the car is traded in or sold? Guarantees help you avoid additional out-of-pocket costs in the event that the handiwork wasn’t perfect at the time of the repair. If a company doesn’t offer a guarantee, you might want to ask why. A repair shop that is confident in its ability to do PDR guarantees its work.
- How will I get to and from work while my vehicle is repaired? If you don’t own an alternate mode of transportation, you’ll need a rental vehicle to use while yours is getting repaired. If the insurance company doesn’t make arrangements for you, does the auto body shop that you’re working with step up? If they don’t, you’ll want to find one that does. After all, how else are you going to be able to afford a repair? Without a way to work, you won’t have the money that you need to fix your car, truck, van or SUV.
- What type of hours does your business keep? If you work during the day and only have evenings off, you’ll want to go to an auto body shop that stays open late. You may want to find one with weekend hours, too, as that might be the only time you can get your vehicle in for a repair. Make sure to inquire about hours when you ask a technician questions about PDR.
Help Us Help You
The Auto Dent Specialists have answers to the most pressing questions you have about your vehicle. We’re well-versed on what it takes to repair hail damage. In fact, our technicians are trained and experienced with Paintless Dent Removal (PDR), the service that your insurance company recommends following a hailstorm.
We Have an Outstanding Better Business Bureau Rating
See for yourself what makes us an outstanding business to patron. Our A rating with the Better Business Bureau speaks for itself. Learn more about what makes PDR ideal by visiting our website or dropping by our location for an estimate.
Fast Repair Services are Exactly What You Need
Don’t let hail rain on your parade. If your vehicle isn’t a total loss, we’ll be able to fix it for you. Best of all, it won’t take long at all for you to be driving it again.